IEEE Journals Sustain High Rankings in Newest Citation Reports
8 August 2014 – IEEE, the world’s leading technical professional organization for the advancement of technology, has maintained its position as one of the top publishers of science and technology journals. According to the 2013 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports© (JCR) released in July 2014, IEEE journals sustained their status as premier scholarly publications, earning high rankings in the Impact Factor report.
According to the 2013 report, IEEE publishes:
• 19 of the top 20 journals in Electrical & Electronic Engineering;
• 15 of the top 15 journals in Telecommunications;
• seven of the top ten journals in Automation & Control Systems;
six of the top ten journals in Computer Science, Hardware & Architecture;
• four of the top five journals in Computer Science, Cybernetics;
• two of the top five journals in Robotics;
• two of the top five journals in Computer Science, Information Systems;
• two of the top five journals in Computer Science, Theory & Methods;
• two of the top five journals in Imaging Science & Photographic Technology;
• two of the top five journals in Remote Sensing.
The report also found that IEEE publishes 14 of the top 15 journals in the Telecommunications category and eight of the top ten journals in the Electrical & Electronic Engineering category based on the Eigenfactor score, a scale that measures the number of times articles from a journal are published in the last five years.
The JCR offers a systematic, objective means to critically evaluate the world's leading journals. By compiling articles' cited references, the JCR helps to measure research influence and impact and shows the relationship between citing and cited journals.