The IEEE Digital & Creative Innovations Team provides guidelines, resources, and tools for use by the IEEE digital publishing community.
Please note: Access to some documents on this page is limited to IEEE members, volunteers, and employees and requires an IEEE Account.
Following are several tools available to the digital publishing community at IEEE. Some tools are provided to IEEE employees only and others are available for use by the wider digital publishing community.
- Broken Link Checker: An online tool that identifies broken links for a given URL.
- Access link checker tool (works best in Chrome)
- Icon Library: An icon is a small picture or symbol intended to help people quickly recognize a tool, site, function or file format. Icons should be consistent in their behavior, positioning, and design and should reinforce commonly used metaphors.
- Download the IEEE icon library (ZIP, 246 MB) ZIP file contains 32 x 32 pixels icons in GIF and PNG formats, usage guidelines, and best practices
- Online Image Resizer: A digital site utility that quickly resizes digital images for digital publishing.
- Access DrPic.com
- Download instructions for the DrPic Tool (PDF, 157 KB)
- IEEE Portal URL Converter: This tool will shorten IEEE URLs by removing unnecessary portions of the URL.
- Access the IEEE Portal URL converter
- Digital Analytics: Digital analytics applications provide statistics for visitor traffic and activity within a digital site and process it into useful reports. Webtrends On Demand is the IEEE Enterprise Platform for digital analytics.
- Access Webtrends On Demand (access granted to IEEE employees after training)
- Digital Library: The Digital & Creative Innovations Team has an extensive library composed of books for use by IEEE employees on topics from digital usability, to design, architecture, and much more.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information on available titles
- Redirects: Available for creating redirects within the "www.ieee.org" domain resulting in a shortened URL for IEEE sites.
- Available to IEEE employees, members, and volunteers maintaining digital content for Regions, Sections, Councils, Societies, Chapters, and Student Branches.
- IEEE Redirects services
- The IEEE Digital Sub-sites Template System: Designed for use by IEEE volunteers and employees; contains starter information architecture documents (sitemaps) as well as a collection of HTML pages and related files and WordPress themes for each of seven common site types.
Please note: The IEEE Programs template is only available in HTML.
There are seven pages for each site type including a home page, landing pages, article pages, and a sitemap. IEEE groups can differentiate pages through the customization options detailed within the guidelines document linked below. Implementation and maintenance of the templates requires some level of technical ability and support infrastructure, whether internal or from a partner firm.
Download template usage guidelines, sitemaps, and instructions (PDF, 8.5 MB)
Download the quick reference guide (PDF, 120 KB)
Preview/download sub-site templates (sign in required | request access)
Email email@example.com (the IEEE Entity Web Hosting Webmaster) to request access to WordPress themes
top of page