The IEEE Digital Innovations Team provides guidelines, resources, and tools for use by the IEEE Web publishing community.
Please note: Access to some documents on this page is limited to IEEE members, volunteers, and employees and requires an IEEE Account.
Following are several tools available to the Web publishing community at IEEE. Some tools are provided to IEEE employees only and others are available for use by the wider Web publishing community.
- Broken Link Checker: An online tool that identifies broken links for a given URL.
- Access 2bone Link Checker Tool
- Download instructions for the 2bone Link Checker Tool (PDF, 165 KB)
- Icon Library: An icon is a small picture or symbol intended to help people quickly recognize a tool, site, function or file format. Icons should be consistent in their behavior, positioning, and design and should reinforce commonly used metaphors.
- Download the IEEE icon library (ZIP, 246 MB) ZIP file contains 32 x 32 pixels icons in GIF and PNG formats, usage guidelines and best practices
- Online Image Resizer -: A Web site utility that quickly resizes digital images for publishing on the Web.
- Access DrPic.com
- Download instructions for the Dr.Pic Tool (PDF, 157 KB)
- IEEE Portal URL Converter: This tool will shorten IEEE URLs by removing unnecessary portions of the URL.
- Access the IEEE Portal URL converter
- Web Analytics: Web analytics applications provide statistics for visitor traffic and activity within a Web site and process it into useful reports. Webtrends On Demand is the IEEE Enterprise Platform for Web analytics.
- Access Webtrends On Demand (access granted to IEEE employees after training)
- Web Library: The Web Strategy and Design Team has an extensive library composed of books for use by IEEE employees on topics from Web usability, to design, architecture, and much more.
- Browse titles
- Redirects: Available for creating redirects within the "www.ieee.org" domain resulting in a shortened URL for IEEE sites.
-Available to IEEE employees, members, and volunteers maintaining Web content for Regions, Sections, Councils, Societies, Chapters, and Student Branches.
- IEEE Redirects services
- The IEEE Web Sub-sites Template System: Designed for use by IEEE volunteers and employees; contains starter information architecture documents (sitemaps) as well as a collection of HTML pages and related files and WordPress themes for each of seven common site types.
Please note: The IEEE Programs template is only available in HTML.
There are seven pages for each site type including a home page, landing pages, article pages, and a sitemap. IEEE groups can differentiate pages through the customization options detailed within the guidelines document linked below. Implementation and maintenance of the templates requires some level of technical ability and support infrastructure, whether internal or from a partner firm.
Download template usage guidelines, sitemaps, and instructions (PDF, 8.51 MB)
Download the quick reference guide (PDF, 120 KB)
Preview/download sub-site templates (sign in required | request access)
E-mail the IEEE Entity Web Hosting (EWH) Webmaster to request access to WordPress themes
top of page