IEEE has partnered with Cambridge University Press to develop a program of online English instruction for engineers and other technical professionals aimed at improving communication skills and developing the specialized English language knowledge they need.
The course provides more than 45 hours of training across four modules covering the key communication skills: speaking in technical English, listening and comprehension, technical writing, and reading and understanding technical publications.
- More than 45 hours of online learning content at Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced levels
- A dynamic and highly interactive series of online learning modules
- Printable individual certificates upon the successful completion of each level
- Placement exam to assess new students and guide level selection
- A focus on technical and semi-technical vocabulary enables learners to become familiar with and practice using the specialized language they need for work
- Advance through the lessons individually and receive feedback on progress
- Strengthen and enhance communication skills for project collaboration and career advancement
- Discoverable in IEEE Xplore and delivered via the IEEE Learning Management System
Interested in learning more about the new IEEE English for Engineering course?
2014 single-site subscription price: US$10,995