For use in nominating individuals to serve on the MGA Board, MGA Committees, and/or IEEE Committees administered by the MGA Board. Self-nominations are permitted.
The MGA Mission and Vision and desired common characteristics and common skills are noted below.
View the list of available MGA positions
Review the guidelines for nominating candidates
Note: To be eligible to be a Chair or a voting member of any MGA Committee, except the Student Activities Committee, the individual must be a member in good standing and shall be at IEEE Graduate Student member, Member, Senior member, or Fellow grade. Members of the IEEE Admission and Advancement Committee must be at Senior Member or Fellow grade.
- 1 August: Candidates for MGA Committee Members and MGA Liaisons to other organizational units
- 1 April: Candidates for Vice President-Member and Geographic Activities/MGA Chair
- 1 April: Candidates for MGA Treasurer and MGA Vice Chairs
- 1 April: Candidates for MGA Committee Chairs
MGA Vision - Ensure Quality Member Opportunities through Continuous Engagement
- Membership is a core value of IEEE.
- Members shape IEEE's future.
MGA Mission - Inspire, Enable, Empower, and Engage Members of IEEE
For the purposes of . . .
- fulfilling the mission of IEEE;
- enhancing the members' growth and development through their life cycle;
- providing a professional home.
Individuals nominated for MGA positions should have the following common characteristics and skills:
A. Common Characteristics
- Must possess a willingness to develop an understanding of the Strategic Vision of MGA and commit to its implementation and operating principles.
- Should have demonstrated an increasing amount of management experience and excellent leadership qualities within their professional career.
- Should have a desire for or experience in translating strategic vision into tactical action and providing direction and guidance to the design and implementation teams that carry out the mission.
- Must be able to gain an understanding of the role of information technology in enabling MGA functions.
B. Common Skills
- Demonstrated some tactical management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a volunteer-led organization that operates by consensus. Negotiating skill is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with sensitivity to cross-cultural and transnational issues.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and organizational ability.
- Demonstrated some relationship and consensus building in a collaborative working environment.
- Has an understanding of remote/electronic working environments and associated tools.
top of page