This page contains the IEEE Sections Congress 2014 (SC2014) Recommendations.
The Primary Section Delegates voted and the final top five recommendations are:
1. Include free access to IEEE Digital Library as a member benefit. Promote other IEEE services and products based on their usage and preferences (adopt Google Business Model).
2. Develop an incentive and recognition program for companies that invest in full or partial support of their employees' IEEE membership dues.
3. Introduce loyalty rewards such as publication access, conference fees, standards for continued membership.
4. Provide a tool to build, promote, record, host and broadcast technical events at the local level and make them available to IEEE members.
5. Enhance vTools for better usability by volunteers and provide a training program to the Sections.
The following recommendations were submitted by the ten IEEE Regions. SC2014 attendees are encouraged to discuss the recommendations using the SC2014 Facebook page.
Primary Section Delegates will vote on the recommendations during the IEEE Sections Congress 2014, and the five (5) prioritized recommendations will be presented to the MGA Board for action and reported to the IEEE Board of Directors.
Each Region was requested to submit up to four (4) recommendations that think “long term.” For example, how will geographic units (volunteers and members) be doing business differently as a result of technology? How can IEEE think locally and act globally in this environment?
Leading up to SC2014, all attendees were encouraged to discuss the recommendations via social media. The Primary Section Delegates voted on the recommendations during SC2014, having direct input into future IEEE MGA activities. The top five (5) recommendations were presented on 24 August 2014 at the Closing Ceremony.
22-24 August 2014