Lawrence O. Hall is a Distinguished University Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of South Florida. He served as Dept. Chair from 2008-8/2015. A 1986 Ph.D. graduate in Computer Science from Florida State University. Hall is a Fellow of IEEE, AAAS, IAPR and AIMBE. He received the Norbert Wiener award in 2012 and the Joseph Wohl Award in 2017 from the IEEE SMC Society. He has authored/co-authored over 85 publications in journals, as well as many conference papers and book chapters. He has received over $5M in research funding.
Selected IEEE activities: He is currently on the IEEE PSPB as Chair of its Finance Committee and he served as Chair of its Strategic Planning Committee from 2014-2016 and is a past Chair of the IEEE PSPB Publishing Conduct Committee.
Current member of the PSPB Strategic Planning Committee and past member of the IEEE Strategic Planning and Oversight Ad Hoc.
He served as President of the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics society for 2006-7. He was the Editor-In-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, 2002-05. He served as the first Vice President for Publications of the IEEE Biometrics Council.
Participated in IEEE Southeastcon. Have given talks at Tampa IEEE meetings. My lab participates in Engineers week with a Ph.D. student showing off our GPU/CPU supercomputer functionality the last couple of years.
President IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society, 2006-7. Created VP's for Systems, Human, Machine Systems and Cybernetics which have provided stability. Grew reserves.
VP Membership IEEE SMC Society - Had membership drives at conferences and set up contacts to encourage members to renew.
Editor-In-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part B, 2002-05. Converted to all electronic publication, reduced sub-decision time and greatly increased submissions with an increase in bibiometrics, was first journal to do rapid posting, among first to encourage data/code/animation attachments.
In 2017 served as co-Program chair for late breaking papers at the main IEEE SMC Conference. Selected a small, good set of papers.
Served as the first Vice President for Publications of the IEEE Biometrics Council. Got the Biometrics Compendium started.
Hulya Kirkici is Professor and the Department Chair of Electrical&Computer Engineering at the University of South Alabama. She received B.S. and M.S. in physics from Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey; and Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Polytechnic University (currently NYU), NY. Previously, Dr. Kirkici was Professor of electrical and computer engineering at Auburn University (1992-2016), visiting scholar / consultant and Summer Faculty Fellow at the Air Force Research Laboratory – Wright Patterson Air Force Base, (2014-2015), and visiting scientist/engineer at NASA, Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, AL (1999-2000).
Dr. Kirkici is a Fellow of IEEE for “contributions to high frequency, high field dielectric breakdown and electrical insulation for space and aerospace power systems” (class of 2017), a recipient of the IEEE Eric O. Forster Distinguished Service Award, the highest honor given by the Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (2015), IEEE William G. Dunbar Award “for continuing contribution to high-voltage and high frequency insulation research and engineering education,” (2014) and a recipient of the IEEE Sol Schneider Award “for continuing technical and administrative leadership in the power modulator and high voltage communities,” (2010).
Dr. Kirkici’s research interests span from electrical insulation and high-frequency breakdown to repetitive pulsed power. She has published over 100 peer-reviewed journal and conference articles and given plenary and invited talks nationally and internationally (USA, Turkey, Japan, S. Korea, and China). Dr. Kirkici is members of IEEE, American Physical Society (APS), Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society, Eta Kappa Nu Honor Society, and American Association of University Women (AAUW).
- Chair, Technical Program Committee, IEEE Power Modulator and High Voltage Conference, June 2014
- Member, Technical Program Committee, IEEE Pulsed Power Conference, July 2015
- Technical Program Committee Member, IEEE Conference on Dialectics and Electrical Insulation Phenomena, 2014 -2017
- Chair, Executive Committee, EEE International Power Modulator and High Voltage Conference Executive Committee, 2005-2014
- Session Chair "Insulation and Dielectric Breakdown" oral session, IEEE Plasma Science Conference, 2010
- Publication Chair / Proceedings Editor of 2008 IEEE International Power Modulator Conference, (2007-2008)
- Vice-Chair & Treasurer, IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectrics Phenomena (CEIDP), 2004 and 2005
- General Conference Chair, IEEE-Power Modulator Conference, San Francisco, CA, 2004
- General Chair of 2002-IEEE-High Voltage Workshop, Los Angeles, CA, 2002
- Interim-Vice-Chair and Treasurer of IEEE- Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectrics Phenomena (CEIDP) 2001
- Local Arrangements Chair, EEE- Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectrics Phenomena (CEIDP) 1998
- President of IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (2009-2010)
- Vice President - Administrative, IEEE-DEIS (2007–2008)
- Vice President - Technical Activities, IEEE-DEIS (2005-2006)
- Secretary and Ex-Com Member of IEEE-DEIS, (2000-2004)
- Vice President Technical Operation, IEEE Sensors Council (2014-2015)
- AdCom Member-at-Large, IEEE-Sensors Council, 2013 & 2016-20117)
- Treasurer and Finance Chair of IEEE Publication Services and Products Board (PSPB) (2011-2014).
- Member, IEEE Periodical Review and Advisory Committee (PRAC) (2016 – present).
- Member, IEEE Access Editorial Board (2013-present).
- Member-at-Large, IEEE PSPB (2011-2016)
- Member, PSPB-Strategic Planning Committee (2016 and 2012-2014).
- Member, IEEE Finance Committee, (2011-2014)
- Member, IEEE Conferences Committee, Jan 2010 to Dec 2012
- Associate Editor of IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, (1997-2007)
- Associate Editor of IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (2012-present)
- Lead Guest Editor of Power Modulators Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, (August 2017 Issue)
- Co Editor-in-Chief, Trans. of Electrical and Electronic Materials, Jan. 2010 – present
- Guest Editor of Power Modulators Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, (August 2009 Issue)
- Guest Editor, IEEE-Transactions on Plasma Science, Power Modulators and Repetitive Pulsed Power Special Issue (August 2004 issue)
- Guest Editor, IEEE-Transactions on Plasma Science, Pulsed Power Science and Technology Special Issue (October 2002 issue)