IEEE Annual Election Candidates - Division VI
Below are candidates for 2022 IEEE Division VI Delegate-Elect/Director-Elect.
The sequence of candidates was determined by lottery and indicates no preference.
- Stefan G. Mozar (Nominated by IEEE Division VI)
- Kamal Al-Haddad (Nominated by IEEE Division VI)
Division VI Societies:
- IEEE Education Society
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society
- IEEE Professional Communication Society
- IEEE Reliability Society
- IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology
- IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society
Stefan G. Mozar
STEFAN G. MOZAR, PhD, CPEng. IntPE (Aust)
(Nominated by IEEE Division VI)
Sydney, Australia, and
Guangdong University of Technology
Stefan is CEO of Dynexsys, and an Adjunct Professor at Guangdong University of Technology, and resides in Sydney.
Stefan studied engineering in Germany (Polytechnikum), and then in Australia. He was awarded his engineering degrees (BE, M.Eng.Sc.) from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Sydney, Australia. He studied for his doctorate at UNSW and Okayama University in Japan. He was awarded an MBA from the University of Technology, Sydney. He is an Australian Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng).
Stefan has extensive experience in industry and academia. He has worked in Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics, and Industrial Electronics. He has held senior leadership roles as CEO, General Manager, and CTO.
He taught at a number of Australian, Asian, and British Universities. His work has resulted in inventions, patents, and publications. He has worked on projects that won about 28 design awards globally. He received many other awards from IEEE and Engineers Australia.
IEEE Activities and Accomplishments
- President IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society (PSES) (2020-2021)
- President IEEE Consumer Electronics Society (CE-Soc) (2013-2014)
Sections Congress 2017 in Sydney, Australia:
- Local Arrangements Chair
- Region-10 Sections Congress Chair
Educational Activities Board:
- Member Certificates, Certifications, and Credit-Bearing Programs Committee (CCCBP)
Technical Activities Board (TAB) Representative to Conferences Committee:
- Member Conferences Publications Committee (2016)
- Chaired “Conference finances” Ad Hoc (2013)
- Chaired “Conference naming” Ad Hoc (2012)
- Invited POCO presentations (2012-2013)
TAB Global Initiatives Committee:
- Committee Member (2013-2014)
TAB Life Sciences Technical Community:
- Chair of LSTC (2018-2019)
- General Chair First IEEE Life Sciences Conference (2017)
- Education Chair (2014-2017)
Service on Section & Region Committees:
- Chair Australia Council (2019)
- Innovations Committee Chair Region-10
- NSW, Australia
- Hong Kong
Consumer Technology Society (CT-Soc):
- VP Operations & Planning (2019-2021)
- Past President (2015-2018)
- Distinguished Lecturer (2015-2016)
- VP Conferences (2010-2013)
- VP International Affairs & Chapter Relations (1998-2009)
- Founder of the award-winning CE Magazine
- Associate Editor: CE Magazine, CE Newsletter, Transactions on CE
- Chair Life Science Technical Committee (LTSC)
Product Safety Engineering Society (PSES):
- VP Conferences (2015-2019)
- Director-at-Large (BOG) (2011-2016)
- Associate Newsletter Editor
Broadcast Technology Society:
- Board Member-at-Large (2015-2017)
Circuit and Systems Society:
- Member Regional Activities Committee (R10)
- Member Finance Committee (2017)
- Board Member - Industry Representative (2017-2019)
Reliability Society (Rel Soc):
- Chair Maintenance Technical Group (2001-2008)
- Chapter Chair Consumer Technology Society in NSW, Australia
- Chapter Chair Engineering Medicine and Biology Society, NSW, Australia
- Founder Consumer Electronics Chapter in Singapore
- Co-founder Engineering Management Chapter Singapore
- Founder Engineering Management Chapter in NSW, Australia
- Chair Hong Kong Consumer Electronics Chapter
- He held various Chapter positions: Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer
- He started 7 conferences in R-10, and 4 outside R-10.
- He served as the inaugural General Chair of Region 10 Tencon-Spring in 2013 (renamed to Tensys).
- He served on 100+ conference committees in leadership roles.
The role of a Division Director is to represent the interests of all societies within their Division to the IEEE Board of Directors and to the TAB. I have been an IEEE volunteer for over 30 years and served as a volunteer in many capacities from grass roots positions to serving at TAB, MGA, and EAB. I know how the IEEE works and I am well known within the IEEE. If elected to the Division VI Director position, I will be an effective voice for Division VI. The network that I have built over many years in the IEEE leadership levels will enable me to effectively represent the interests of our Division.
I will also work towards diversity and inclusion in all IEEE activities. I will work across all Division VI societies with representatives from industry to cater for the needs of practitioners. I will also support our learned Society activities. IEEE needs to be an organization that adds value to its members’ careers. Your vote counts and affects your benefits.
Canada Research Chair in Electric Energy Conversion and Power Electronics
École de Technologie Supérieure
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Kamal Al-Haddad received the B.Sc.A. and M.Sc.A. degrees from the University of Québec, Canada, in 1982 and 1984, and the Ph.D. degree from the Institut National Polythechnique, France, in 1988. Since June 1990, he has been a Professor with École de Technologie Supérieure (ETS), Montreal, where he has been the holder of the senior Canada Research Chair in Electric Energy Conversion and Power Electronics since 2002. He has supervised more than 180 Ph.D. and M.Sc.A. students and established solid link with Canadian industries working in the field of Industrial electronics. He has coauthored more than 760 transactions and conference papers. He is a fellow member of the Canadian Academy of Engineering. He was IEEE IES President 2016-2017, IES Distinguished Lecturer, and recipient of the 2014 IEEE IES Dr.-Ing. Eugene Mittelmann Achievement Award. Prof. Al-Haddad is a member of the Academy of Sciences and Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
IEEE Activities and Accomplishments
- General Co-Chair, 2021 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Toronto, Canada
- General Co-Chair, 2018 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Washington, DC, USA
- Member of IEEE Education Society Fellow Committee (2016-2020)
- Member of IEEE Power Medal Award (2017-2020)
- President, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2016-2018)
- General Co-Chair, 2017 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Beijing (2017)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (2010-2017)
- Honorary Chair, 2016 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Florence, Italy
- President-Elect, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2014-2015)
- Vice President, Technical Activities, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2010-2014)
- Vice President, Publications, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (2008-2010)
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2010-present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (2006-2010)
- General Chair, 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Montreal
- Technical Program Chair, 2004 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, Tunisia
- Active Member of IEEE IES, IAS, PELS, and IEEE Education Societies
I will work on establishing win-win business and sustainable activities to better serving the honorable members of the Division VI societies namely: Industrial Electronics Society, Education Society, Product Safety Engineering Society, Professional Communication Society, Reliability Society, Society on Social Implications of Technology, and Technology and Engineering Management Society.
My goal also is to initiate Societies interactions as well as to support technical and social activities designed to strengthen the link between the members. Moreover, organising annual open events where complementary technical and social interest of all six societies are put together which will strengthen links, create new dynamic and an enjoyable microclimate to initiate and sustain interaction between members. Social activities meant to let us forget this difficult pandemic time will be on the menu as well. You can count on me for that.