Tax and Corporate Information
This page contains information about IEEE and the IEEE Foundation Incorporated.
IEEE's full legal name
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated
- IEEE is a nonprofit corporation, incorporated in the state of New York on 16 March 1896.
- IEEE qualifies as a tax-exempt organization as described under US Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), which is eligible to receive charitable contributions that are deductible for US income tax purposes.
- IEEE is a Professional Membership Organization that engages exclusively in educational and scientific activities, which benefit the profession and the public.
- IEEE Forms
- IRS 501(c)(3) letter (PDF, 104 KB)
- IEEE signed W-9 Form (PDF, 215 KB)
- IEEE Corporate & Tax Information (PDF, 198 KB)
Relevant identification numbers
- Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN, EIN, FED ID #): 13-1656633
- Dun & Bradstreet Number for NJ Office: 06-072-9753
- US Standard Industrial Classification Number (SIC): 8621-02
- North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS): 813920
- Canadian Business Number: 12563 4188 RT0001
- Quebec Sales Tax Number: 1221648095 TQ0001
For Sales of Electronic/Digital Products Only:
- EU VAT Registration Number: EU372008451 (Charged to private consumers only. Rate is the EU member country standard rate where the consumer is a resident.)
- South African VAT Registration Number: ZA4160270833
- Japanese JCT Registration Number: 00056
- Norway VAT Registration Number: 2020181
- South Korea VAT Registration Number: 170-80-00558
- Russian VAT Registration Number: INN9909320780
- India GST Identification Number: 9917USA29001OSH
- Australia GST Identification Number: 41 527 870 529
- Taiwan VAT Registration Number: TW42553236
- Switzerland VAT Registration Number: CHE-419.536.351 TVA
- Serbia VAT Registration Number: 1941228728
- Turkey VAT Registration Number: 8430589517
- Kenya VAT Registration Number: P052008820V
- UK VAT Registration Number: 383 7192 68
IEEE Foundation Incorporated (full legal name)
- IEEE Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation, incorporated in the state of New York on 16 February 1973.
- It qualifies as a tax-exempt organization as described under U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), which is eligible to receive charitable contributions that are deductible for US income tax purposes.
- It supports educational and scientific activities of the IEEE.
- The Federal Taxpayer Identification Number(TIN, EIN, FED ID #) is: 23-7310664
Please contact the IEEE Tax Department for tax questions regarding IEEE or IEEE Foundation Incorporated: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEEE Code of Ethics
IEEE members are bound by the Code of Ethics, which new members must agree to when they join IEEE, and then confirm annually each year they renew.