Tax and Corporate Information
This page contains information about IEEE and the IEEE Foundation Incorporated.
IEEE's full legal name
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated
- IEEE is a nonprofit corporation, incorporated in the state of New York on 16 March 1896.
- IEEE qualifies as a tax-exempt organization as described under US Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), which is eligible to receive charitable contributions that are deductible for US income tax purposes.
- IEEE is a Professional Membership Organization that engages exclusively in educational and scientific activities, which benefit the profession and the public.
- IEEE Forms
Relevant identification numbers
- Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN, EIN, FED ID #): 13-1656633
- Dun & Bradstreet Number for NJ Office: 06-072-9753
- US Standard Industrial Classification Number (SIC): 8621-02
- North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS): 813920
- Canadian Business Number: 12563 4188 RT0001
- Quebec Sales Tax Number: 1221648095 TQ0001
For Sales of Electronic/Digital Products Only:
- EU VAT Registration Number: EU372008451 (Charged to private consumers only. Rate is the EU member country standard rate where the consumer is a resident.)
- South African VAT Registration Number: ZA4160270833
- Japanese JCT Registration Number: 00056
- Norway VAT Registration Number: 2020181
- South Korea VAT Registration Number: 170-80-00558
- Russian VAT Registration Number: INN9909320780
- India GST Identification Number: 9917USA29001OSH
- Australia GST Identification Number: 41 527 870 529
- Taiwan VAT Registration Number: TW42553236
- Switzerland VAT Registration Number: CHE-419.536.351 TVA
- Serbia VAT Registration Number: 1941228728
- Turkey VAT Registration Number: 8430589517
- Kenya VAT Registration Number: P052008820V
- UK VAT Registration Number: 383 7192 68
IEEE Foundation Incorporated (full legal name)
- IEEE Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation, incorporated in the state of New York on 16 February 1973.
- It qualifies as a tax-exempt organization as described under U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), which is eligible to receive charitable contributions that are deductible for US income tax purposes.
- It supports educational and scientific activities of the IEEE.
- The Federal Taxpayer Identification Number(TIN, EIN, FED ID #) is: 23-7310664
Please contact the IEEE Tax Department for tax questions regarding IEEE or IEEE Foundation Incorporated: firstname.lastname@example.org.