IEEE DataPort is an easy-to-use, globally accessible data platform developed and offered by IEEE that provides significant benefits to researchers, data analysts, and the global technical community. The repository is fully functional and currently offers free uploads of any dataset up to 2TB for individuals that need to retain and manage their valuable research data (10TB/dataset storage capacity for members of institutional subscribers). The platform has almost 2 million global users and thousands of datasets and continues to provide value to researchers around the globe.
Enable individuals and institutions to indefinitely store and make datasets easily accessible to a broad set of researchers, engineers, and those in industry.
Login or create a free IEEE account for freely available Open Access datasets or subscribe for full access.
Storing and sharing your datasets on IEEE DataPort is completely free with an IEEE account.
IEEE DataPort benefits include:
- Backed by IEEE—reputable and trusted
- Can store datasets indefinitely up to 2TB each (10TB/dataset storage capacity for members of institutional subscribers)
- Supports Open Access and non-Open Access datasets
- Data Management Plan (DMP) tool available for all users
- Datasets can be linked to Xplore articles (over 152 journals/magazines now integrated with IEEE DataPort)
- Views and citations are shown for each dataset
- Users can send email to dataset owners to provide feedback, make inquiries, collaborate, or provide feedback on a specific dataset
- Integrated with ORCID; users can optionally have the IEEE DataPort dataset asset automatically added to their ORCID asset list
- Fully integrated with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to facilitate data analytics
- Provides Digital Object Identifier (DOI) automatically for each dataset
- Citations are formulated and provided in multiple formats for users
- Metadata provided with each dataset and expandable; IEEE SA working to standardize metadata
- Users can support and facilitate Data Competitions
- Users can store and link related documentation—scripts, visualizations, related documentation
- Help meet funding agency requirements for data management
- Institutional subscriptions available to meet broader research data storage and access needs
Anyone is welcome to utilize IEEE DataPort. Using IEEE DataPort supports research reproducibility and enables all users to store one or more research datasets, share research data with others, access datasets from other researchers in your field, and increase the visibility of your research. To enhance the value of IEEE Society memberships, all IEEE Society members are provided with free access to all datasets on IEEE DataPort as a society member value.
IEEE DataPort is a relatively new IEEE offering and an important element of IEEE's Open Science solutions, so please communicate the benefits of IEEE DataPort to your colleagues and coworkers using this flyer:
Download the IEEE DataPort Flyer (PDF, 1 MB).
For additional assistance on IEEE DataPort, please contact email@example.com.