This course explains the concepts of Innovation Management and Intellectual Property.
It also helps you to identify various intellectual assets generated and also in understanding the concepts associated with the patents, trademarks, copyright, innovation management, filing strategies, and IP commercialization.
No prerequisites are required.
Reasons to enroll
- Protection of the IP before the respective IP offices by registering beforehand
- Identifying all the intellectual assets generated at the university/organization
- Managing the IP portfolio after registration by using different analytics tools and innovation management strategies
- Commercializing the IP portfolio to generate revenue using licensing/assignment models.
Who can enroll?
- Student: Additional skills regarding IP identification, protection, commercialization is highly regarded.
- College/university faculty: Introducing this course shows that the institution has an innovation and IP-oriented approach and has a favorable ecosystem for the generation of IP, which is highly appreciable.
- Researchers/innovators: If you are dealing with IP, you should be aware of the general principals of IP and know how to defend the IP by registering it.
Outcomes of this course
- Different types of IP
- Commercialization of IP
- Industrial design, how to register at the right time, and privacy
- Innovation management, geographical indication, and the trade secret
- Intellectual property
- Patent and who is the owner of the patent, as well as patent filling techniques
- Copyright, its ownership, and registering a creative work
- Trademark involved and registration
E-Learning modules, course run-time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
Recommended learning time: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- General Concepts of Intellectual Property
- Industrial Design
- Other Forms of IP
- Innovation Management
- IP Commercialization