IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
IEEE membership offers access to technical innovation, cutting-edge information, networking opportunities, and exclusive member benefits. Members support IEEE's mission to advance technology for humanity and the profession, while memberships build a platform to introduce careers in technology to students around the world.
As the world's largest technical professional organization, IEEE offers a number of ways to get involved with technical and local communities. These communities are active participants in research and authorship, conferences, and important conversations about today's most relevant technical topics locally and globally.
IEEE sponsors more than 1,800 annual conferences and events worldwide, curating cutting-edge content for all of the technical fields of interest within IEEE. Use the IEEE conference search to find the right conference for you to share and discuss innovation and interact with your community.
With an active portfolio of nearly 1,300 standards and projects under development, IEEE is a leading developer of industry standards in a broad range of technologies that drive the functionality, capabilities, and interoperability of a wide range of products and services, transforming how people live, work, and communicate.
IEEE provides a wide range of quality publications that make the exchange of technical knowledge and information possible among technology professionals. This essential content, categorized below, is delivered through the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library.
IEEE offers a wide range of learning and career enhancement opportunities within the engineering sciences, research, and other technology areas. The goal of these programs is to ensure the growth of skill and knowledge among professionals and to foster individual commitment to continuing education among IEEE members, the engineering and scientific community, and the general public.
Based on the impact factor, the following publications ranked #1 in their respective categories:
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (Automation and Control)
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (Computer Science—Cybernetics)
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (Computer Science—Hardware & Architecture)
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems (Computer Science—Artificial Intelligence)
● #1 IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (Computer Science—Information Systems)
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (Computer Science—Theory & Methods)
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (Engineering—Industrial)
● #1 IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics (Engineering—Manufacturing)
● #1 IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (Instruments and Instrumentation)
● #1 IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (Telecommunications)
According to the 2015 report, IEEE publishes:
• 17 of the top 20 journals in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• 14 of the top 15 journals in Telecommunications
• Three of the top five journals in Automation & Control Systems
• Three of the top five journals in Computer Science, Hardware & Architecture
• Three of the top five journals in Computer Science, Cybernetics
• Two of the top five journals in Computer Science, Information Systems
• Two of the top five journals in Computer Science, Theory & Methods
• Two of the top five journals in Imaging Science & Photographic Technology
The report also found that IEEE publishes 14 of the top 15 journals in the Telecommunications category and eight of the top ten journals in the Electrical & Electronic Engineering category based on the Eigenfactor score, a scale that measures the number of times articles from a journal are published in the last five years.