Organization of IEEE
IEEE is organized into:
- Local sections within geographic regions
- Chapters comprised of local members with similar technical interests
- Societies and technical councils that compose technical divisions
- Student branches at colleges and universities around the world
- Student branch chapters; affinity groups and special interest groups; as well as IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN), the honor society of IEEE
IEEE Major Boards
Six subordinate boards govern major areas of IEEE interest. Each has an elected volunteer leader.
IEEE has more than 1,000 employees who support various IEEE activities. The Executive Director is the full-time Chief Operating Officer.
The Management Council is comprised of the Executive Director and the senior executives who collectively manage all aspects of IEEE staff operations.