IEEE TA Vision & Mission Statements
Technical Activities Vision
Technical communities working together to be the preferred home for all professionals, worldwide.
Technical Activities Mission
Inspire and engage worldwide technical communities to:
- Foster dynamic interdisciplinary collaboration
- Motivate participation and leadership
- Nurture and promote leading-edge innovative ideas
- Empower professionals with relevant knowledge and lifelong development
- Provide value
Technical Activities Goals
- 2020 Formal Document of Vision, Mission and Goals
- Grow and keep our current publications, conferences, standards, and technology communities at the forefront of quality and usefulness for engineers worldwide while expanding the value proposition for our product lines
- Revise, modify and create new relevant content in publications and conferences to satisfy all member needs, especially the industry and government engineering community
- Create a transparent financial and governance organization that allocates financial accounting (gross revenues, direct and fair allocated indirect expenses) to the IP generation unit and assigns direct/clear organization governance (authority, responsibility and accountability) to S/Cs
TAB Statement on Racial Injustice
Societies and Technical Councils
IEEE Societies and Technical Councils produce over 180 publications and sponsor, co-sponsor, and technically sponsor over 1,900 conferences each year all around the world. Their members take advantage of opportunities to network with other professionals and stay technically current within their fields of interest.
An IEEE Society is a membership community within IEEE representing a specific field of interest, while Technical Councils consist of a group of Societies that share similar fields of interest.
IEEE Technical Activities is home to a growing number of Technical Communities, each responsible for fostering new and emerging technologies.
IEEE Technical Activities Board (TAB)
The IEEE Technical Activities Board is the governing body of IEEE Technical Activities and is the largest of six major boards within IEEE. There are 63 voting members, which include Presidents of all 46 Societies and Technical Councils, as well as officers, Division Directors (who also sit on the Board of Directors), and chairs of key TAB committees.