Benefits and Status of IEEE Life Membership
Benefits of Life membership
- Dues and regional assessments are waived for a Life Member.
- For qualifying Life Members, society fees are waived (IEEE Bylaw I-108.8).
- Individuals may receive reduced member rates at conferences where IEEE is the sole sponsor. IEEE Policy 10.1.15 "Reduced fees, waiver of fees, or fee differential for unemployed IEEE members, retired members, and for special registrants (e.g., guests, speakers, and exhibitors) are permitted at the discretion of the Conference Organizing Committee. The individual registration fee for Life Members must be no more than that for students."
- Life Members continue to receive the same benefits that are available to other IEEE members.
- IEEE Member Discounts Program (includes IEEE Insurance Program)
Inactive status and reinstatement
If a Life Member does not annually confirm that they would like to continue to receive services/publication(s), they will be removed from the active membership roster and placed on inactive status. An IEEE Life Member with an inactive status will not receive services/publication(s) or an election ballot. Active Life Membership shall be reinstated, with no loss of continuity of membership upon notification that the Life Member confirms that the services/publication(s) and/or distribution of an election ballot are still desired, subject to the limitations of IEEE Bylaw I-308.10.
Please contact the IEEE Contact Center if you have any questions regarding your IEEE membership status.