EAB Awards Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What information is required to complete an EAB award nomination form?
Nominators need to provide:
- Candidate's name and contact information
- Education and professional history (you may upload a resume/CV or copy and paste)
- Proposed citation
- Major contributions and their impact
- Evidence of accomplishments
- IEEE activities: awards, offices held, committee memberships
- Other professional activities
Are self-nominations allowed?
What are the reference letter requirements?
A nominator is required to provide a minimum of three and a maximum of five individuals willing to submit reference letters for a nomination. For most of the EAB awards, at least two of the individuals providing a reference letter must be IEEE members, but please review the specific requirements for each individual award. Some awards have varying requirements.
An individual cannot serve as both a nominator and an endorser for the same award nomination.
An individual cannot serve as a nominator or reference for more than one nomination per award category.
All reference letters must be submitted via the EAB Awards portal.
The reference form should not be a repeat of information found on the nomination form. Such appropriation of another's words puts in question the reference's judgment of the candidate’s accomplishments, and, to that extent, reduces its contribution to the candidate's ranking.
Comments about the relative contributions of any work attributed to more than just the nominee (i.e., if you are a co-author of a listed activity) are extremely valuable.
Reference letters should cite specific evidence of the uniqueness and impact of the contributions of the candidate.
Current members of the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB), members of the EAB Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC), or IEEE staff may not serve as references for any IEEE EAB Award nominations.
Which EAB awards offer honorariums?
The following EAB awards offer honorariums of US$1,000:
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Accreditation Activities
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Continuing Education
- Major Education Innovation Award
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Pre-University Education
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Outreach and Informal Education