IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) Awards
Types of awards
Awards are given for:
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Accreditation Activities
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Continuing Education
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Outreach and Informal Education
- Meritorious Achievement Award in Pre-University Education
- Major Education Innovation Award
- Meritorious Service Citation Award
- Employer Professional Development Award
- Section Professional Development Award
- Society/Council Professional Development Award
- IEEE Life Members Graduate Study Fellowship in Electrical Engineering
- Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Scholarship
IEEE-HKN Awards and Recognitions:
Award nominations and scholarship applications are accepted until the Monday following 30 April of each year.
The EAB Awards Nomination forms are available:
- IEEE Educational Activities Board Award Nominations
- IEEE Educational Activities Board Scholarship/Fellowship Applications
- IEEE-HKN Nominations
The nominator or scholarship applicant is responsible for ensuring that all materials are submitted in time to meet the deadline. This includes both the nomination or scholarship application form and all the reference forms required.
Current members of the IEEE EAB, IEEE-HKN-BOG, or members of the IEEE professional staff, may not be nominators, recipients, or endorsers of EAB or IEEE-HKN Awards, unless otherwise specified. Current members of the IEEE EAB Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC), IEEE Life Members Committee (LMC), trustees and officers of the Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Graduate Fund or the IEEE-HKN Awards & Recognition Committee may not be nominators, recipients, or endorsers of awards associated with their respective committees, unless otherwise specified.
As specified in IEEE Policy 4.4.H, Eligibility and Process Limitations, individuals serving on any board or committee involved at any stage of the recipient selection or approval process for an award shall be ineligible to receive, or act as a nominator or reference for that award. This conflict of interest limitation shall apply to all awards given by the IEEE or any of its organizational units.
Self-nominations will not be accepted, unless otherwise noted.
Self-nominations are not accepted for any EAB Award unless otherwise noted. However, for the scholarships listed above, self-nominations/applications are acceptable.
An individual can only serve as a nominator or reference for one award per category. For most EAB Awards, the nominator does not need to be an IEEE member, unless otherwise noted.
In the event of an award going to a team, when recipients are required to be IEEE members, i.e., Accreditation, Continuing Education, Educational Innovation, all members of the team are required to be IEEE members. Travel will be provided for one recipient only. Honorarium is to be split equally among the team members. Only one honorarium for any one award will be given.
Please see the individual award pages for any exceptions.
Additional information on references can be found on the FAQ page.