Educational Activities Board (EAB)
Purpose of the IEEE EAB
The IEEE Educational Activities Board shall recommend to the Board of Directors policies on educational matters and implement programs specifically intended to serve and benefit IEEE members in educational pursuits, the engineering and scientific community, and the general public. These programs shall include the broad planning of educational activities of IEEE, the development and delivery of continuing education products and activities, the development of guidelines for IEEE representatives to accreditation bodies, the monitoring of accreditation activities, the coordination of pre-university programs, and the representation of IEEE in matters regarding engineering education. The EAB shall be the IEEE interface in education-related matters with external bodies. The EAB shall provide oversight and report to the IEEE Board of Directors on IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN) and its activities. EAB shall be responsible for administration of the annual assessment paid to ABET, Inc.
Learn more about the purpose, role, function, and activities of the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB)
IEEE, the IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB), and the EAB committees are dedicated to providing quality educational resources for educators, engineering professionals, parents, students, IEEE volunteers and members, and the public. IEEE Educational Activities offers a variety of programs to meet the ever-changing landscape of engineering, computing and technology education, as well as the changing needs of engineering students and professionals.
These programs include:
- The development and delivery of continuing professional education products and activities
- The development of guidelines for accreditation bodies and the monitoring of accreditation activities
- The coordination of pre-university programs
- The recognition of individuals and organizations for major contributions to engineering and technical education through the EAB Awards program including a scholarship and fellowship for graduate engineering students
- The broad planning of IEEE educational activities and representation of the IEEE regarding engineering education
Volunteer compliance training
Training required for select volunteers
As a reminder, IEEE compliance training is required for select IEEE volunteers.
Read compliance training frequently asked questions
See "Who is required to take the compliance training?"