IEEE is a leader in engineering and technology education, providing resources for pre-university, university, and continuing professional education.
Find courses in the latest technologies and career development skills to help you advance in your career by visiting the IEEE Learning Network (ILN).
IEEE STEM education programs introduce young students to engineering and technology to help them see themselves in STEM careers. They provide resources that help teachers bring engaging engineering activities into their classrooms.
IEEE university education programs
University programs from IEEE offer faculty members resources for pedagogical and career development, while also providing opportunities for university engineering students to excel in their education while serving others.
Virtual IEEE educational events
IEEE offers educational virtual events for practicing professionals, faculty, and students on a variety of engineering topics. Many of these events are offered free of charge and are available for live broadcast or on-demand afterward.
IEEE Blended Learning Program
An India-based offering, these courses are industry-reviewed and designed to impart skills to help you become an in-demand professional.
Offer IEEE certificates at your next event
IEEE certificates, many of which offer PDHs and CEUs, help engineers maintain professional licenses and demonstrate a commitment to professional development. See how to offer IEEE certificates at your organization's next learning event through the IEEE Credentialing Program.
Continuing professional education
IEEE offers courses on core and emerging technologies, as well as career development from across the institute on the IEEE Learning Network. IEEE member discounts are available. To learn more and begin taking courses, visit ILN today.
- IEEE English for Technical Professionals
- Automotive Cyber Security: Protecting the Vehicular Network
- Enterprise Blockchain for Healthcare, IoT, Energy and Supply Chain
- 5G Networks
To learn more about how your IEEE Society can offer courses on ILN, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEEE AcademiesIEEE now offers a program designed for lifelong learning for industrial practitioners. The IEEE Academies currently features topics covering Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), and Smart Grid. To learn more, visit the IEEE Academies.
Continuing Education in AfricaLearn more about Continuing Education initiatives in Africa.
Educational resources from IEEE Societies
Many IEEE Resource Centers offer educational and other resources related to specific fields of interest.
- Broadcast Technology Society
- Circuits and Systems Society
- Communications Society
- Computer Society
- Future Directions
- Wireless Communications Engineering Technologies Certification
Looking for templates to produce online courses? Get started.
Does your IEEE Society/operating unit need support to produce educational materials? Email email@example.com to get started and learn about partnership opportunities with IEEE Educational Activities.
Career and job resources
Find employment. See what you are worth. Develop in your current job. Build your professional identity and plan your career.
University education resources
University programs from IEEE are designed to enhance the quality of university-level engineering programs by ensuring that students have the resources needed to succeed academically, and faculty members have opportunities for pedagogical and career development.
- ABET Accreditation: Engineering education accreditation provides university engineering programs with a credential that assures that graduates meet the quality standard for the profession and are prepared to practice. By participating in the accreditation of engineering programs through ABET, IEEE and its volunteers have a voice in determining the threshold set of knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for successful entry into engineering, computing, and technology fields.
- EPICS in IEEE: A signature program of the IEEE Foundation and IEEE Educational Activities that organizes university and high school students to work on engineering-related projects with local community organizations. Students learn to solve problems in communities worldwide through service learning, while at the same time improving the quality of life for the people living there.
- IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN): IEEE-HKN, the honor society of IEEE, encourages and recognizes individual excellence in education and meritorious work, in professional practice, and in any of the areas within the IEEE-designated fields of interest.
- IEEE Education Society: The IEEE Education Society (EdSoc) is a worldwide community of professionals dedicated to ensuring high-quality education in science and engineering.
Related Information >
IEEE awards and scholarships
Explore opportunities for technology students, practitioners, and organizations making significant contributions in engineering and related fields.