IEEE Oracle iSupplier Privacy Statement
Date Created: 1 September 2016
Use of the Website
- Unauthorized use of the Website is strictly prohibited. IEEE reserves all rights to protect itself and the information contained on the Website from actual or attempted unauthorized use or access.
- Use of the Website requires a username and password. Users understand and agree that:
- The Website may only be used in a manner consistent with these terms;
- User credentials and access to the Website is unique. Sharing of either is prohibited;
- You will notify IEEE immediately if you believe your credentials have been compromised or unauthorized activity may have occurred on your account. IEEE may lock or block your account without notice if IEEE believes such activity is or has occurred.
- User may not remove or alter the copyright, or other intellectual property, notice of either IEEE or any rights holder.
- Disassembling, decompiling, reverse engineering, or creating a derivative work based on the Website, in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- You may not disrupt, modify or interfere with the Website, or impede or interfere with others’ use of the Website, or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any information on or associated with the Website. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website, without the prior written permission of IEEE is prohibited.
Data Collection and Use
- The Website allows you to input information such as company name, address, bank, bank account, etc., so that IEEE may facilitate payments to be made to you for services rendered to IEEE. Only data provided to IEEE will be collected.
- IEEE will not share the information you provide through the Website with third parties other than to the bank to whom you have authorized us to make payment; to service providers that help us fulfill the electronic fund transfer; and as required to cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory (including, but not limited to, tax) authorities, detect or prevent fraud, comply with legal process or court orders, and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
IEEE maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information you provide through the Website. IEEE complies with data protection laws and has implemented policies and procedures to guide staff use of the Website and information contained therein.
The Website is the property of IEEE or its licensors. IEEE reserves all rights with respect to its intellectual property. Reuse of any IEEE intellectual property including, but not limited to copyrights and trademarks, is prohibited without IEEE’s express written permission.
Limitation of Liability
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE, USER ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY FOR USE OF THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IEEE BE LIABLE TO THE USER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TYPE OR MANNER OF COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS OR FINANCIAL LOSS OCCASIONED BY OR RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE.
- IEEE UNDERTAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM, ANY DEFECTS OR FAILURES IN ANY COMMUNICATIONS LINES, THE INTERNET OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, USER’S COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR DEVICE USED TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE OR TO AUTHENTICATE ANY USER. USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IEEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OR DATA CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE AND IEEE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR DATA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” IEEE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION: (A) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE , OR THAT USER’S USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, FREE FROM OTHER FAILURES OR WILL MEET USER’S REQUIREMENTS; (C) THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- IEEE reserves the right to modify these terms at any time, without notice, at IEEE’s sole discretion. Failure to comply with these terms may result in termination of your access to the Website as well as other corrective actions available to IEEE.
- Use of the Website is governed under the laws of the State of New York. Users understand and agree that the State of New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolving all disputes.
- Should any provision of these terms be held invalid, unlawful, or for any reason unenforceable, then the invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable provision shall be severable from the remaining provisions. Such invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- You agree to defend and indemnify IEEE including, but not limited to, its respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by or on your behalf or by third parties as a result of your use of the Website.