Automatic Membership Renewal
Your IEEE membership can be conveniently renewed at the start of each membership year when you sign up for automatic renewal. This means that at the beginning of the membership year, you will automatically be charged for the next membership period to guarantee uninterrupted access to benefits, services, and subscriptions. An email reminder will be sent each September so that you'll know exactly when the transaction will take place. This message will contain any reminders or action(s) required on your behalf.
Automatic renewal is available when you join or renew your IEEE membership online. Members can update their automatic renewal preferences at any time by visiting their payment profile.
Why sign up for automatic renewal?
- Uninterrupted membership: Ensures IEEE membership will continue automatically, limiting exposure to loss of valuable IEEE benefits and services
- Never miss an issue of IEEE Spectrum
- Uninterrupted use of IEEE.org alias
- Insurance (where applicable)
- Saves time: One fewer bill to remember to pay and eliminate multiple renewal reminders
- Environmentally Friendly: Reduced delivery of paper invoices
Terms and conditions
By opting in for automatic renewal, you hereby authorize IEEE on an automatic basis annually to:
1. Renew your IEEE membership and the member subscriptions that you have selected
2. Charge the applicable membership and subscription fees to the credit card that you place on file
Automatic renewals will be processed the second week of October each year, i.e., the week beginning with the second Sunday of the month. If you do not wish to proceed with automatic renewal for an upcoming membership year, you must opt out before the second week of October through your member profile in My Account on IEEE.org.
- To be eligible for automatic renewal, you must hold one of the following grades of membership: Associate, Member, Senior Member, Fellow, Standards Association Member, or Society Affiliate.
- Automatic renewal is not available for members of the following grades: Life, Student, or Graduate Student or the special-circumstance memberships including minimum income, unemployed, permanently disabled discounts, or "member-get-a-member" program discounts.
- If you lose eligibility for automatic renewal, IEEE will no longer automatically renew your memberships and subscriptions. IEEE will notify you of the change prior to the deadline for regular, non-automatic renewal to give you an opportunity to renew your memberships and subscriptions manually. If you become eligible in the future, you will have an option to enroll in automatic renewal again.