When you join IEEE, you:
- Join a community of over 400,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
- Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
- Get involved in standards development
- Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
- Mentor the next generation of engineers and technologists
Join now and gain immediate access to all the valuable benefits and features of IEEE membership.
Not ready to join just yet? Sign up to receive more information about becoming an IEEE member.
What members are saying
Professional ... Social ... Humanitarian ...
These three pillars represent the core experiences that make up IEEE membership and the reason that nearly half a million technologists worldwide make IEEE an integral part of their lives. In this video, you will hear firsthand from both long-term and new members about why IEEE is so vital to them.
Gain Expertise and Open Career Doors
IEEE houses an unrivaled network of professionals, experts, and advisors that can help shape your career, offer resources to acquire new skills, advance your professional development, and provide numerous opportunities for involvement, recognition, and reward.
Stay Current and Get Ahead
Membership grants you access to the largest library of electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics technical literature as well as the latest technology trends, industry news, and events.
Build a Network
Collaborate with IEEE colleagues and member groups, online or in person, to build a support group for your profession, industry, or project.
IEEE members can take advantage of exclusive and discounted pricing on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) that can add up to substantial savings.
Expand your personal network with colleagues who share your expertise and commitment. Participate in your local IEEE Section or join IEEE Societies or affinity groups focused to your area of specialty or interest.