How the program works:
With this program, you could earn up to US$90 in awards that can be used for IEEE dues, Society fees, and/or the purchase of books and publications (excludes merchandise and products).
See program rules below for details.
For each new member you recruit during the 2018 membership year (16 August 2017 through 15 August 2018), you earn an award that can be used toward IEEE dues, IEEE Society fees, or the purchase of books and publications (excludes merchandise and products). Shop the Memberships and Subscriptions Catalog.
Professional members can earn:
Student members can earn:
Your local Section can also benefit by your participation in the MGM program.
Section awards: The top five recruiters in each region are determined by the total number of members recruited and only from those individuals who, as a result of their efforts, earned the maximum US$90 individual award. In the event of a tie, the section award will be split evenly. If a member has no Section affiliation, no Section award can be paid.
Overall IEEE award: The top recruiter in IEEE earns an additional US$500 award for his/her Section.
Additional rules apply to Section awards.
1. Only open to active IEEE members (Society Affiliates, non-members, and past members are not eligible).
2. Professional members are not eligible to receive awards for recruiting IEEE Students or IEEE Graduate Students.
3. Completed referral applications must:
a) Be received with full dues payment by IEEE before 15 August 2018
b) Include the referrer’s membership number in Box 9 of the paper application or in the Referring Member number field in the online application
4. Applications received without a recruiter's valid membership number will be disqualified; there will be no retroactive qualifying of recruiters.
5. Individual awards:
a) There is a maximum award amount of US$90.
b) All award amounts are quoted in US dollars.
c) Referral awards earned are not redeemable for cash.
d) Awards will be valid toward IEEE dues, Society fees, or the purchase of books and publications (excludes merchandise and products). In addition, at your option, the value of the award may be donated to the IEEE Foundation or another IEEE fund.
e) Referral awards must be used at the time of renewal and will expire on 31 December 2018.
f) The Member-Get-a-Member award cannot be combined with any other membership discounts or promotions.
g) Your MGM award may only be used by you and cannot be transferred.
6. Section awards: The top five recruiters in each region are determined by the total number of members recruited and only from those individuals
who, as a result of their efforts, earned the maximum US$90 individual award. In the event of a tie, the section award will be split evenly.
7. Individual and section awards are subject to federal laws, and certain countries are not eligible.
8. Top recruiters' names will be shared with volunteers on a monthly basis
All members receive four referral cards that are personalized with their names and member numbers in their acknowledgement package when they join or renew each year. If you need more cards, you may download this PDF template from the link below that can be printed as is, or on Avery business-card-style templates. This is a fill-able form where you can enter in your name and member number, save the file locally, and reprint as needed.
IEEE members connect, communicate, and learn from colleagues, in addition to saving on products and services.