When you join IEEE, you:
- Join a community of over 400,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
- Gain access to members-only workspaces that offer the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded peers through IEEE Collabratec®
- Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
- Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
- Mentor the next generation of engineers and technologists
and so much more...
Join now and gain immediate access to all the valuable benefits and features of IEEE membership.
Gain Expertise and Open Career Doors
IEEE houses an unrivaled network of professionals, experts, and advisors that can help shape your career, offer resources to acquire new skills, advance your professional development, and provide numerous opportunities for involvement, recognition, and reward.
Stay Current and Get Ahead
Membership grants you access to the largest library of electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics technical literature as well as the latest technology trends, industry news, and events.
Build a Network
Collaborate with IEEE colleagues and member groups, online or in person, to build a support group for your profession, industry, or project.
IEEE members can take advantage of exclusive and discounted pricing on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) that can add up to substantial savings.
Qualifications and dues
Professional membership is open to individuals who by experience give evidence of competence in an IEEE designated field. The designated fields are: Engineering, Computer Sciences and Information Technology, Physical Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Mathematics, Technical Communications, Education, Management, and Law and Policy.
A Student/Graduate Student member must carry at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study in IEEE designated fields. The total cumulative period for a member to hold the Student member grade and/or the Graduate Student member grade is limited to eight years.
What members have to say
Professional ... Social ... Humanitarian ...
These three pillars represent the core experiences that make up IEEE membership and the reason that nearly half a million technologists worldwide make IEEE an integral part of their lives. In this video, you will hear first-hand from both long-term and new members about why IEEE is so vital to them.