Rupee Group Payment Option
The established conversion rate for the 2024 membership year is 83 Indian Rupee/US$1.
Submitting a group payment for individuals joining or renewing their IEEE membership(s) using a Challan is a three-step process:
- Initiate IEEE’s online process for joining or renewing IEEE membership.
- Fill out and submit the Group Challan Template Form to IEEE Member Operations at email@example.com.
- Print your Group Challan and submit to a bank branch in India or via online banking.
Direct any inquiries that you have on the Group Challan to Member Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initiating the online join process
- Select "Join as a professional" or "Join as a student" below. Please note: If you are using a promotion code, you will need to complete the application.
- Create your IEEE Account by selecting the "Create Account" button. Enter all the profile information such as your mailing address, education and/or employment information, and add membership items to your shopping cart. You do not need to "Proceed to checkout" after you've saved your information.
- Send your IEEE member number, name, email address, and shopping cart order total to the organizer. You may find your IEEE member number by going to "My Account" and then clicking on the "Manage Personal Profile" link.
Initiating the online renewal process
- Sign in to the membership renewal website using your IEEE Account.
- Verify and/or update your profile information, including your mailing address, education, and employment information if needed.
- Review your shopping cart and make changes if needed. You do not need to ‘Proceed to checkout’ after you’ve saved your changes.
- Send your IEEE member number, name, email address, and shopping cart order total to the organizer.
Remitting payment via Group Challan
Please follow the steps below for remitting your payment via group Challan.
- Complete the IEEE Group Challan Template Form (XLS, 23 KB)
- If you do not know the "Order Total Amount" for each individual, you can leave it blank. IEEE Member Operations will confirm the amount of everyone's current shopping cart before returning your Group Challan.
- If your school/company has a GSTIN and you do not include it in your request, the appropriate tax rate will be charged on all individual memberships.
- Email the completed form in Excel format to email@example.com
- Upon receiving the file, IEEE Member Operations will create a Group Challan and email it back to you within three business days
- Making your payment
- Print the Group Challan that was returned to you
- Make your payment at any Union Bank of India branch or at any other bank
- The payment can also be made by online banking, from an individual bank account, through National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT). The IEEE account number needs to be added as the beneficiary account for the online NEFT payment*
- For any transaction exceeding INR 200000, please use the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) option
- Payment confirmation will take place within three business days and the completion of the order process within five business days
- Please note that payments for IEEE Membership(s) or products using a Challan are non-refundable and must be paid in INR
- The cutoff date for 2024 Renewal Cycle is 10 August 2024. Please make payment arrangement well before the cutoff date as we cannot accept payment for the given renewal cycle beyond 10 August 2024.