IEEE is built on the strength of its members and their volunteer efforts throughout the organization. Most IEEE programs require member involvement to facilitate the planning and execution of projects, events, etc. Volunteering not only benefits IEEE as an organization but is also one of the key benefits available to members.
As an IEEE volunteer, you will play a key role in the future of the organization. From technical and student activities to student outreach, membership development, and history, you can impact your area of expertise.
Become an IEEE volunteer today so you can:
- Take pride in participating in activities that interest you
- Expand your technical knowledge
- Gain valuable management and leadership skills
- Connect with others in your career field
- Give back to your profession
Typical volunteering opportunities
Participate in projects at the local level that include, but are not limited to:
Planning meetings and activities
Evaluating award candidates
Chairing a committee
Creating/maintaining a website
IEEE organizational volunteering opportunities
Here are some examples of organizational volunteering opportunities:
- Hold an official position at various levels of IEEE’s volunteer organizational structure that range from local activity to the global volunteer operations.
Impact what your local IEEE group offers members.
Network and engage with your members.
Take part in determining the future direction of IEEE.
Get started with IEEE volunteering
Each local entity offers their own unique opportunities, so it is best to:
Can’t find something you are interested in? Volunteer to start a program/project.
Active IEEE volunteer resources
If you are already an active volunteer, please visit your volunteer resources page (sign in with your IEEE Account):
- Member & Geographic Activities: Volunteer tools and resources related to IEEE membership
- Technical Activities: Volunteer tools and resources related to IEEE Societies
- Center for Leadership Excellence: Volunteer job descriptions and training
- Volunteer operational resources