Program Evaluator Opportunities
Volunteer participation in IEEE accreditation activities provides qualified individuals with opportunities to help guide the content and delivery of engineering, computing, and technology degree programs around the world.
The deadline for submissions is the first Friday of November every year.
Opportunities for academic, industry, and government professionals
Representatives of academic, industry, and government with seven or more years of experience are especially valued in the accreditation process.
- Help assure that engineering, computer, and technology accreditation criteria reflect the needs and expectations of key external constituents
- Gain insight into the characteristics and trends in engineering education
- Benefit from interaction with committed peers from higher education and industry
Program evaluator service-time commitment
IEEE program evaluators for ABET:
- Are expected to serve a five-year term
- Are typically assigned to one campus visit each year between September and November
- Should anticipate a total annual time commitment of approximately seven days
All program evaluators will not receive an assignment each year as the scheduling is based on the demand for accreditation services. PEVs in good standing must conduct at least four domestic campus visits to be eligible to serve on a non-US accreditation visit.