IEEE Industry Engagement Committee Events and Activities: Calls for Proposals
The IEEE Industry Engagement Committee (IEEE IEC) will support selected new initiatives by proposal teams of members of Regions/Sections (R/S), Societies/Councils (S/C), or other IEEE organizational units (OUs) that result in new industry/applied engineering-oriented events, training, certification programs, or other activities with revenue-generating potential. The goal of these events and activities is to facilitate and increase the engagement of organizations and individuals from industry and government with IEEE, increase IEEE’s visibility to these entities, and have the potential to increase IEEE’s membership and/or revenue.
Preference will be given to events and activities that involve the cooperation and collaboration of R/S and S/C, and for which an entity like an established industry event in the location of the event or activity collaborates to market and produce the event. Involvement of other IEEE OUs and initiatives is strongly encouraged.
Please note: The IEEE IEC will only support the events and activities that can clearly articulate a firm alignment with the mission of the IEEE IEC. Please send all questions/comments to email@example.com.
Eligibility to apply
- IEEE IEC will not evaluate funding requests from non-IEEE members or non-IEEE related events and activities.
- Funding requests must be accompanied by an email/letter approving submission of this proposal by the proposed General Chair or Program Chair of the event.
- It is preferred that funding requests be accompanied by an email/letter acknowledging submission of this proposal by the IEEE Section/Chapter Chair in the location of the event or activity.
Preference will be given to financially supporting meetings/events/activities of the following sort:
- Enhancing industry engagement in IEEE, connecting industry and IEEE volunteer and member leadership, with a focus on understanding industry needs and augmenting IEEE’s industry offerings
- Creation of industry-oriented invited speaker events within IEEE’s scope, containing high-quality content, in conjunction with an event sponsored by an IEEE R/S or S/C, or at an industry-oriented non-IEEE event (e.g., trade show)
The following types of activities will not be considered for financial support:
- Travel to regularly scheduled IEEE Meeting Series or OU meetings
- Scholarships to individuals
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Series
- Events or activities that don’t align with the mission of the IEEE IEC
- Proposals may request funding of up to US$10,000. Total budget and line items must be listed in US dollars.
- Consideration of small-scale proposals requesting funding support of up to US$1,000 will be expedited and can be submitted at any time.
- Financial participation of R/S, S/C, or Chapters is highly encouraged.
- The proposed budget for all events and activities for which support is being requested should be clear, granular, and justified. Please describe other sources of sponsorship, as appropriate.
- Proposals that do not provide a budget and requested supporting information will not be evaluated.
- Please ensure only one proposal is submitted for the same event or activity.
- All IEEE events and activities that involve children must follow IEEE Guidelines for Working with Children. Any IEEE IEC funding will be contingent on policy compliance.
Proposal evaluation criteria
- How does the event or activity facilitate and/or increase the engagement of organizations and individuals from industry and government in IEEE?
- What is the projected impact of the event or activity for which support is requested?
- Does the event or activity team have the necessary experience and track record to successfully execute?
- Are there clear, granular, and justified budget requests for all events and activities to be supported? Monetary awards, gifts, and honorariums are not allowed.
How to submit a funding request
- Download the IEEE IEC Funding Request Application (DOCX, 71 KB) and Budget Template (DOCX, 71 KB).
- Fill out the application and template and send both documents, along with the emails/letters from the proposed General Chair/Program Chair of the event and Section/Chapter Chair, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.