Author Resources: IEEE Magazines
Article submission requirements
Speed up the publishing process by making sure all your files are in order. Following these article submission requirements, including graphics and multimedia requirements, can help.
Supply the following during article submission:
- Source file in TXT, DOC, DOCX, or TeX format
- Source files for any graphics or multimedia items, labeled sequentially
- Captions for all graphics
- PDF of the text and graphics in case there are any font discrepancies
- Permission approvals for the reuse of any previously published material
Acceptable text formats
• Microsoft Word
• Rich Text Format
IEEE does not accept PostScript files, nor files created in desktop publishing software, such as InDesign.
Please use italic, sub- and superscript, and special characters as needed. Authors need not mimic the page layout of the target publication, nor should they include graphics within the document file (see the graphics requirements for magazines).