IEEE Admission and Advancement (A&A) Senior Member Review Panel Meeting Schedule
The Admission & Advancement (A&A) Review Panels meet six times annually to review applications and/or nominations for election or elevation to Senior Member (SM) or Life Senior Member (LSM) grade.
- The review panel meetings are held in various locations throughout the world.
- A panel of reviewers is recruited among Senior members, Life Senior members, and Fellows in the section where the meeting is to be held.
- This full-day session is presided over by the Admission and Advancement Chair and/or Vice Chair, as well as a representative of the Member and Geographic Activities staff.
- In order for an application to be reviewed at a Review Panel meeting, the application, resume, and required reference forms have to be submitted and received at least Seven days prior to the meeting date.
- Applications from all ten regions are reviewed at each meeting.
- About two weeks following a review panel meeting, an update report with the names of the newly elevated Senior members is published and available for those who hold a volunteer position.
Review panel dates and locations
Dates and locations are subject to change without notice.
Please note: In order for an application to be reviewed at a Review Panel meeting, the application, resume, and required reference forms have to be submitted and received at least Seven days prior to the meeting date. Please see Meeting Deadlines (Eastern Standard Time) below for more details.
2023 Senior Member Meeting Locations
|Region||Location||2023 Meeting Dates||Meeting Deadlines (Eastern Standard Time)|
|1||New York, NY USA||18 February 2023||11:59 p.m. on 11 February 2023|
|3||Virtual||22 April 2023||11:59 p.m. on 15 April 2023|
|4||Chicago, IL USA||17 June 2023||11:59 p.m. on 10 June 2023|
|TBD||TBD||19 August 2023
||11:59 p.m. on 12 August 2023|
|TBD||TBD||23 September 2023||11:59 p.m. on 16 September 2023|
|TBD||TBD||18 November 2023||11:59 p.m. on 11 November 2023|
Visit the Volunteers section for the following:
- Senior member initiative
- Section and Society benefits
- Best practices for Sections and Societies
- Schedule of review panels
- Senior member statistics
- Admission & Advancement Committee